The Church of
(Reformed Episcopal Church)
The Anglican Church of Our Saviour at Oatlands is a congregation rejoicing in and proclaiming the love of God in Jesus Christ. We are committed to living the traditional Christian Faith as set forth by God in His Holy Scriptures and to passing on that same undiluted and saving faith to our children.
We hold to the doctrine of the Anglican Church which is grounded in the Holy Scriptures, supremely expressed in the King James Version, and in the teaching of the ancient Fathers and Councils of the Church agreeable to those Scriptures. In particular, we subscribe to the Thirty-nine Articles of Religion, the Book of Common Prayer (1662 – 1928), and the Ordinal.
We seek to serve, and to teach our children to serve, the Lord Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6), to be not conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2).
COVID – 19 has presented both challenges and opportunities for all Churches. The Church of Our Saviour is no exception. Our Saviour is committed to following the guidelines presented by the CDC, the Virginia Department of Health, and Governor Ralph Northam’s Executive Orders.
Moreover, Our Saviour offers a variety of services to meet the diverse social, emotional, spiritual, and physical needs of her parishioners. For those who cannot or decide not to attend in person services, Our Saviour offers a livestream every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. You can find the Youtube Channel by clicking this link.
The 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning service is very lightly attended and there is no singing. This is ideal for those who desire to worship in-person but wish to take the utmost precaution.
The 9:30 a.m. service on Sunday’s has a larger attendance and organ accompaniment encourages congregational singing. During all services the following protocols are in place at Our Saviour:
- Everyone who is ill, exhibits symptoms consistent with Covid-19, or has had contact in the last 10-14 days with an individual who has tested positive for Covid-19 is asked to remain home until they have completed a quarantine consistent with CDC guidelines.
- Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands and or sanitize their hands regularly.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times except when receiving Holy Communion.
- Everyone is asked to maintain six feet (6′) of social distancing with those who are not members of your immediate family.
- Pews have been marked at two foot (2′) intervals so that you may readily identify proper social distancing.
- Ushers will help to direct individuals to choose their seating in compliance with social distancing guidelines.
- The blowers on the HVAC system are set to run continually.
- The celebrant and chalice bearer will sanitize their hands prior to distribution of the Holy Sacrament.